Why Hiring a Professional Electrician is Crucial to Rewire Your Fusebox for Optimum Safety
As a homeowner or developer, it's essential to ensure that your property is safe, and your electrical system and fusebox should be in top-notch condition.
Your fusebox is one of the most vital parts of your electrical system. It is responsible for cutting off power during an overload, so things don't turn disastrous. However, due to wear and tear, it may experience several issues that could lead to a breakdown. This blog will highlight what happens when your fusebox blows and breaks down, and when is the right time to hire a qualified electrician to rewire your fusebox for optimum safety.
What happens when your fusebox blows and breaks down?
Over time, your fusebox may experience several issues that could cause it to blow or break down.
Some of the common signs to look out for include flickering lights, tripping circuits, or frequent power outages. Other issues could include loose connections, outdated wiring, or circuits that aren't up to code. When your fusebox breaks down, it would be essential to turn off your power supply and contact a qualified electrician to fix the problem.
When to hire a qualified electrician to rewire your fusebox?
As a homeowner or developer, it's crucial to ensure that your electrical system is up to date and meets today's UK safety standards for electric sockets and light switches.
If you notice any issues with your fusebox or electrical system, it's advisable to contact a qualified electrician to rewire your fusebox. Additionally, if your property has outdated wiring or hasn't been updated in the last 20 years, it's time to have your electrical system inspected and updated by an expert.
10 reasons you need to employ a professional electrician
If you've just bought a house or are developing a property then here are the top reasons you need to rewire that house to meet today's UK safety standards for electric sockets and light switches.
- The light switches look a bit ropey (especially if they're still the original bakelite light switches!)
- The electric sockets are in the wrong place
- There aren't enough electrical sockets
- There aren't any USB sockets in each room
- You have electrical wires showing
- The fusebox doesn't work properly
- Safety: Rewiring your home by an expert ensures that your property and family members are safe from electrical accidents.
- Code compliance: A qualified electrician can help you update your electrical system to comply with the latest code standards, ensuring your property's safety.
- Avoid electrical accidents and fires: With a professional inspection, you can identify and fix any underlying issues that could cause electrical fires or accidents, ensuring your property's safety.
- Increased Property Value: A well-updated electrical system by a professional electrician could increase your property's value, especially when it meets the latest code standards.
- Reduced Energy Bills: Rewiring your entire home by a professional electrician can help identify areas that could be consuming more power and, consequently, increase your energy bills, helping you save money in the long term.
What happens when wiring and fuseboxes are faulty?
In conclusion, if your property has old wiring or a faulty fusebox, it could put your property at risk of electrical fires and worst case scenario, give the occupants an electric shock, that could be fatal.
So, as a homeowner or property developer, it's crucial to ensure that your electrical system meets today's UK safety standards for electric sockets and light switches. Not only for these obvious safety reasons, but also for the property value if you want to sell in the future.
To achieve this, you should ensure your wiring and fusebox is inspected by a qualified electrician when you notice any issues or when updating your property.
By engaging the services of a professional electrician, you will not only guarantee optimal safety but also improve the value and energy efficiency of your property.
Is rewiring an old house essential? Ask 365 Trade Group Electricians in Epsom and Surbiton, Surrey for an electrical inspection
Get in touch today and call 365 Trade Group on 0800 788 0629 - Your local electricians in Surrey. We'll be pleased to help!